Redbot 3.3.2 (2020-02-28)¶
Thanks to all these amazing people that contributed to this release:
- Core cogs will now send bot mention prefix properly in places where discord doesn’t render mentions (#3579, #3591, #3499)
- Fix a bug with
[p]blacklist addthat made it impossible to blacklist users that bot doesn’t share a server with (#3472, #3220)
- Improve user experience of
[p]set game/listening/watching/commands (#3562)
[p]licenseinfocommand to conform with non-American English (#3460)
- Fix load error for users that updated Red from version lower than 3.1 to version 3.2 or newer (#3617)
- Updated all our dependencies - we’re using discord.py 1.3.2 now (#3609)
- Add traceback logging to task exception handling (#3517)
- Developers can now create a command from an async function wrapped in
- Bot will now show deprecation warnings in logs (#3527, #3615)
- Subcommands of command group with
invoke_without_command=Truewill again inherit this group’s checks (#3614)
- Add guidelines for Cog Creators in Creating cogs for Red V3 document (#3568)
- Restructure virtual environment instructions to improve user experience (#3495, #3411, #3412)
- Getting started guide now explain use of quotes for arguments with spaces (#3555, #3111)
latestversion of docs now displays a warning about possible differences from current stable release (#3570)
- Make systemd guide clearer on obtaining username and python path (#3537, #3462)
- Indicate instructions for different venv types in systemd guide better (#3538)
- Service file in Setting up auto-restart using systemd on Linux now also waits for network connection to be ready (#3549)
- Hide alias of
randomize_colourin docs (#3491)
- Add separate headers for each event predicate class for better navigation (#3595, #3164)
- Improve wording of explanation for
required_cogskey in Publishing cogs for Red V3 (#3520)
Redbot 3.3.1 (2020-02-05)¶
- Add a cli flag for setting a max size of message cache
- Allow to edit prefix from command line using
- Some functions have been changed to no longer use deprecated asyncio functions
- The short help text for dm has been made more useful
- dm no longer allows owners to have the bot attempt to DM itself
- Passing the event loop explicitly in utils is deprecated (Removal in 3.4)
- Hackban now works properly without being provided a number of days
journalctlcommand in systemd guide so that it takes the user to the end of logs automatically.
- Added section to install docs for CentOS 8
- Improve usage of apt update in docs
Redbot 3.3.0 (2020-01-26)¶
- The bot’s description is now configurable.
- We now use discord.py 1.3.1, this comes with added teams support.
- The commands module has been slightly restructured to provide more useful data to developers.
- Help is now self consistent in the extra formatting used.
- Slowmode should no longer error on nonsensical time quantities.
- Embed use can be configured per channel as well.
- We’ve made some small fixes to inaccurate instructions about installing with pyenv.
- Notes about deprecating in 3.3 have been altered to 3.4 to match the intended timeframe.
- Gives feedback when adding or removing a role doesn’t make sense.
- Playlist finding is more intuitive.
- disconnect and repeat commands no longer interfere with eachother.
- No longer errors when exiting an interactive menu.
- A rare edge case involving messages which are deleted during cleanup and are the only message was fixed.
- Some user facing messages were improved.
- Downloader’s initialization can no longer time out at startup.
- Roll command will no longer attempt to roll obscenely large amounts.
- You can set a default amount of days to clean up when banning.
- Ban and hackban now use that default.
- Users can now optionally be DMed their ban reason.
- Now has stronger enforcement of prioritizing botwide settings.