Redbot 3.3.1 (2020-02-05)¶
- Add a cli flag for setting a max size of message cache
- Allow to edit prefix from command line using
- Some functions have been changed to no longer use deprecated asyncio functions
- The short help text for dm has been made more useful
- dm no longer allows owners to have the bot attempt to DM itself
- Passing the event loop explicitly in utils is deprecated (Removal in 3.4)
- Hackban now works properly without being provided a number of days
journalctlcommand in systemd guide so that it takes the user to the end of logs automatically.
- Added section to install docs for CentOS 8
- Improve usage of apt update in docs
Redbot 3.3.0 (2020-01-26)¶
- The bot’s description is now configurable.
- We now use discord.py 1.3.1, this comes with added teams support.
- The commands module has been slightly restructured to provide more useful data to developers.
- Help is now self consistent in the extra formatting used.
- Slowmode should no longer error on nonsensical time quantities.
- Embed use can be configured per channel as well.
- We’ve made some small fixes to inaccurate instructions about installing with pyenv.
- Notes about deprecating in 3.3 have been altered to 3.4 to match the intended timeframe.
- Gives feedback when adding or removing a role doesn’t make sense.
- Playlist finding is more intuitive.
- disconnect and repeat commands no longer interfere with eachother.
- No longer errors when exiting an interactive menu.
- A rare edge case involving messages which are deleted during cleanup and are the only message was fixed.
- Some user facing messages were improved.
- Downloader’s initialization can no longer time out at startup.
- Roll command will no longer attempt to roll obscenely large amounts.
- You can set a default amount of days to clean up when banning.
- Ban and hackban now use that default.
- Users can now optionally be DMed their ban reason.
- Now has stronger enforcement of prioritizing botwide settings.